Employees at three McDonald's locations in Metro Vancouver and two in the Sea-to-Sky region have recently been confirmed as having the coronavirus (COVID-19).
McDonald's Canada posted the new cases to its online tracker, indicating the following affected restaurants in Metro Vancouver:
- Unit 1001 86 W. Pender St, Vancouver: Last day the restaurant employee worked was Feb. 18, 2021.
- Unit 5 - 200 Burrard St, Vancouver: Last day the restaurant employee worked was Feb. 17, 2021.
- 115-10700 Cambie St, Richmond: Last day the restaurant employee worked was Feb. 17, 2021.
Additionally, the fast-food giant is reporting two affected restaurant locations north of Vancouver in the Sea-to-Sky region:
- Unit 130 4370 Lorimer Road, Whistler: Last day restaurant employee worked was Feb. 17, 2021.
- 1441 Vine Road, Pemberton: Last day restaurant employee worked was Feb. 17, 2021.
None of the locations are considered coronavirus public exposure sites by Vancouver Coastal Health.
Currently, McDonald's Canada is listing a total of seven restaurants in British Columbia with infected employees.
McDonald's Canada says it has "maintained a commitment to remain transparent in our communications, so that restaurant employees and guests are informed and can contact their local public health authorities for directions, if needed."
"For any guests who may have visited the restaurant and have questions, please take directions from your local public health experts," says McDonald's Canada.