Employees at several McDonald's locations in Metro Vancouver have recently been confirmed as having the coronavirus (COVID-19).
McDonald's Canada posted the new cases to its online tracker, indicating the following affected restaurants in the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions:
- 10250 152 St, Surrey: Last day the restaurant employee worked was April 9
- 26454 56 Ave, Aldergrove: Last day the restaurant employee worked was April 8
- 482 W Broadway, Vancouver: Last day the restaurant employee worked was April 6
- 1000 Guildford Town Centre Walmart, Surrey: Last day the restaurant employee worked was April 3
- 44 – 1835 56 Street, Delta: Last day the restaurant employee worked was April 2
In addition, the fast-food chain reported cases elsewhere in British Columbia over the past few days; those cases are at restaurants in Saanichton and Prince George. Cases reported earlier in April were spread across the province, in Port Coquitlam, Abbotsford, Prince George, Surrey, and Vancouver.
Currently, McDonald's Canada is listing 15 restaurants in British Columbia with a total of 17 infected employees.
McDonald's Canada says it has "maintained a commitment to remain transparent in our communications, so that restaurant employees and guests are informed and can contact their local public health authorities for directions, if needed."
"For any guests who may have visited the restaurant and have questions, please take directions from your local public health experts," says McDonald's Canada.
Restaurants in British Columbia are only able to offer take-out/delivery and outdoor dining right now under a current Provincial Health Officer order that prohibits indoor dining until April 19.