Mark your calendars: Labour Day weekend is here and it’s the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind. Need some inspiration? Here are a few things you can do, either alone or with friends and family; this last long weekend of summer.
1. Go for a hike. Take a stroll through the forest and admire the local wildlife, just don’t get too close.
2. Go shopping. Scour the end-of-season sales and ramp-up your wardrobe for fall.
3. Practice your swing. Take in a friendly game of golf, mini or regular, or visit the driving range.
4. Drop by an ice cream shop, the Powell River area has many. Enjoy a scoop or two of your favourite flavours.
5. Spend a day at the spa. Pamper yourself with a well-deserved massage or beauty treatment.
6. Go camping at one of the many regional or provincial parks around Powell River. Spend the weekend in the wilderness connecting to nature.
8. Wine and dine. Sip on a cocktail or enjoy a good meal on the patio at your favourite restaurant.
9. Go for a bike ride. Explore Powell River and area on two wheels or cycle along your favourite off-road trails.
10. Rent a cottage or cabin. Gather your loved ones and spend the long weekend together enjoying the countryside.
11. Have a backyard bash. Set up the barbecue and invite friends and family over for an afternoon or evening.
12. Go paddling. Rent a kayak or a canoe and spend the day on the ocean or one of Powell River’s many lakes.
13. Take in a movie. Choose a flick that captures your interest and spoil yourself with popcorn and candy.
14. Visit Powell River Historical Museum and Archives. Choose an exhibit that piques your curiosity and spend the day expanding your mind.
15. Have a picnic. Pack a lunch and enjoy a day outdoors at your favourite park. Don’t forget the frisbee!
Happy Labour Day!