What does it mean to be organized and what are the benefits of it? At the very top of the list is the fact that when you’re organized, you’re giving yourself and your family a loving home to create, relax and enjoy life.
1. You’ll be able to achieve more in less time. When you’re climbing over a mountain of clutter, struggling to find something you need, your blood pressure will rise to make you sick and frustrated. By getting organized, your stress levels will be reduced and you’ll be able to live a more enjoyable life.
2. You’ll have more time for yourself by being more efficient and getting your projects done quicker, or being able to delegate to others. Your time is precious and will not be wasted looking for things.
3. You’ll have more time to pursue your life goals. An organized person is always able to fit in time for friends and family members. You’ll also have more time to get involved in helping your community.
4. You’ll feel good about yourself and your environment. Being disorganized often results in embarrassment, shame and isolation. You may feel anxious when visitors drop by your home or office and see clutter or things out of place. Get organized and you will always feel good and proud of your home. You will be eager to invite people in without feeling the fear of being judged.
5. You’ll be a better role model for your kids and grandkids. If you have kids at home or grandkids who visit, being organized is very important. Children will take signs from you. If you don’t put things away, chances are, the kids won’t either. If you teach them how to get and stay organized now, that’s something that will help them in all the years they have ahead of them.
6. You’ll be healthier, as will your family. Get organized and you’ll have more than enough time and energy to be creative and cook healthy meals for your family. You will breathe better. An organized home is much cleaner and more functional.
7. You’ll do better professionally. An organized person gives a much better business impression than someone who cannot find a phone number or car keys, has an office piled with cardboard boxes, or is always late for appointments.
8. You’ll be able to save more money. When you’re organized, you’ll always know what you have before you buy more. Disorganized people constantly shop to replace lost or damaged items.
9. You’ll be able to be more productive, energetic and ready to tackle anything. When you’re disorganized, there are always barriers that hold you back from reaching your goals. But organized people find ways to eliminate tasks that are not a priority, and simplify those that are time consuming.
10. You will have more clarity to make healthy decisions about your home and life.
Life coach Ranka Burzan owns a professional organizing company based in the qathet region and has written several books on reducing clutter and becoming more organized. For information, go to solutionsorganizing.com.